I hope it stops raining
So I can take a walk
I wonder when it will
As I stare at the wall clock
The second's hand just doesn't
Seem to be moving
Like all those promises
Just mean nothing
But the rain keeps pouring
Like the stream of silence
But you've always sheltered me
From this thunderous defiance
So I must flee away
From under your shade
As you are falling apart
Which might slay me I'm afraid
Oh but you protected me always
From the sun and the rain
Like those times of joy
And even during the pain
I finally take the leap
For I have stayed too long
And run away to be
Somewhere I belong
But the rains shall keep pouring
Like the kindness from thee
Although I drenched myself
But a guardian you shall always be
So I can take a walk
I wonder when it will
As I stare at the wall clock
The second's hand just doesn't
Seem to be moving
Like all those promises
Just mean nothing
But the rain keeps pouring
Like the stream of silence
But you've always sheltered me
From this thunderous defiance
So I must flee away
From under your shade
As you are falling apart
Which might slay me I'm afraid
Oh but you protected me always
From the sun and the rain
Like those times of joy
And even during the pain
I finally take the leap
For I have stayed too long
And run away to be
Somewhere I belong
But the rains shall keep pouring
Like the kindness from thee
Although I drenched myself
But a guardian you shall always be
No comments:
Post a Comment