Sunday, 23 January 2011

Dhobi Ghat

A really good piece of work as a first big screen production and directer. Kiran Rao has turned out to be a unique beginner. Of course, with a man like Aamir Khan, you ought to. She has made good use of variety. In fact, Aamir Khan has really used his brand here, I must admit. The smoking act wasn't pulled off well. Kinda made me laugh. I mean, you see De Niro and Pesci smoke like they simply breathe air and then this. It could have been avoided. There could have been another substitute for that, I am sure. A very salient performance, even with less words said. As the movie was deciphering, the viewer needed to put in more thought. It was basically laid before the viewer, as a platform, for perception. The movie expected more from the viewer rather than a simple admiration. There needed a lot of realization from the viewer, in terms of the meaning trying to be conveyed. It needed more attention and thus, the movie was driven by perception, by the viewer. That is what I liked about Kiran Rao. She had a very Web 2.0 approach to the movie. On the other side, a very good platform for the upcoming actors. They have performed quite well. In face, a lot of the meaning comes from their end. Seemed like a quite a low budget movie. But, as what critics have left, on papers, I don't try to justify it to be good or bad. This is just my perception, but; a must watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment